REMOTE LEARNING & COVID-19
Cape Fear Academy is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is making appropriate measures to keep our students, faculty and staff safe. Check this page for any updates to Cape Fear Academy's current status and operational procedures.
CAMPUS STATUS AS OF 4/24/20
- Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina public schools will remain closed through the end of the 2019-2020 academic school year. We feel that it is in the best interest of our school community to remain in remote learning through the end of our school year, May 22.
- The NCISAA has canceled all interscholastic Spring 2020 state tournaments, practices, games, scrimmages and/or contests. Beginning on Monday, May 18, NCISAA Summer practice and participation rules take place until August 1 (the start of fall sports).
- All co-curricular events, such as athletics and arts performances, are canceled during this time. We will provide updates if and when those are rescheduled.
- Campus will be open for essential personnel only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-4pm.
- Campus will be closed to everyone on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All employees are to work remotely.
- Anyone who is on campus MUST maintain 6-feet separation for social distancing while engaging with other employees.
- Access to the CFA campus will be limited, with exception for essential personnel and special circumstances. CFA Security will not permit admission to any buildings or athletics facilities (including outdoor) without the permission of the respective division director.
- In reviewing the advice and projections from local and national health experts and government officials, we have decided to extend our remote learning period to May 15.
- CFA will continue the remote learning period through Friday, May 1.
- Our Spring Break holiday on Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13, will remain unchanged. Time to rest and reflect is important and we do not want to miss that opportunity.
- Monday, March 16 will serve as a faculty and staff workday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. — no students will be allowed on campus.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 27, we will move to remote learning for all grades. Details regarding remote learning plans will be shared by Lower School teachers and Middle School and Upper School division directors on Monday.
TECHNICAL SERVICES FOR REMOTE LEARNING
RESOURCES FOR COVID-19 INFORMATION
CFA COMMUNICATIONS TO PARENTS
- Email 1 (sent 3/4/2020)
- Email 2 (sent 3/8/2020)
- Email 3 (sent 3/12/2020)
- Email 4 (sent 3/13/2020)
- Email 5 (sent 3/15/2020)
- Email 6 (sent 3/23/2020)
- Email 7 (sent 4/15/2020)
- Email 8 (sent 5/7/2020)